Get to know our NR12 conformity assessment services for machines and equipment according to the mandatory requirements. (Also in portuguese)
Conformity assessment services of machines and equipment in accordance with NR 12
NR 12 is a regulatory standard issued by the Ministry of Labor and Employment (MTE). The main objective of the standard is to ensure that safe machinery and equipment is inherently safe by requiring complete information on transport, use, maintenance and disposal.
The compliance with NR 12 is mandatory for all new and used machinery and equipment. VIKON® provides manufacturers, importers and end-users with a rigorous third-party assessment to help them meet the requirements of NR 12.
Although these conformity assessment services are based on the requirements of NR 12, we do not issue a “NR 12 certification” or an “NR 12 certificate”. We offer an independent inspection of machines and equipment with services that include design assessment, manufacturing and use, safety testing, functional testing, compliance with national and international standards and technical documentation.
Benefits of our NR 12 compliance services
With the help of our NR 12 conformity assessment services for machines and equipment you will:
- Get a better understanding of the requirements established by NR 12.
- To become compatible with Brazilian legislation on the safety of machinery and equipment.
- Have the complete technical documentation.
- Demonstrate the safety of your machines and equipment.
- Prepare for possible MTE auditors’ inspections.
- Contact us to learn more about how our NR 12 compliance services can benefit your business.
Our Conformity Assessment Services
We provide manufacturers, importers or end-users of machines and equipment with the following conformity assessment:
- Inspection of machinery and equipment in compliance with the Brazilian regulatory norm NR 12.
- Inspection of machinery and equipment in accordance with other Brazilian standards or applicable international standards. (ISO, IEC).
- Issuance of test reports.
- Compilation of documentation and revision.
- Inspection at the manufacturer’s site.
- Inspection at the final installation site.
Conformity assessment approach NR 12
- First the manuals and designs of the machine or equipment are compiled.
- Our experts at NR 12 verify if any additional Brazilian standard (NBR) is applicable. If not, international standards (ISO and / or IEC) are considered. Regional standards such as UL, EN, DIN, etc. are not optional.
- The applicable standards are confirmed.
- Then we perform a complete compliance assessment of the machines or equipment and review the documentation.
- All documentation must undergo a final review carried out locally in Brazil and must be presented in Portuguese.
- VIKON® issues evidence of compliance with NR 12 only if all requirements of NR 12 are met. This seal is valid only for the particular product identified by the model and serial number and should not be extended to other similar products.
About Regulatory Standard NR 12
Section 12.1 of the Brazilian Regulatory Standard NR 12 states: “This regulatory standard and its annexes define technical references, fundamental principles and protection directives with the purpose of guaranteeing the health and physical integrity of all workers and also establishing minimum requirements for the Prevention of accidents and occupational diseases during the design and use of machines and equipment of all kinds. These criteria are also applied in the manufacture, importation, sale, exhibition and leasing of equipment, in all economic activities, taking into account other regulatory standards (NR), approved by Decree number 3,214, July 8, 1978 and official technical standards and , In the absence or omission of such standards, applicable international standards.”
This means that, in order to provide adequate safety for workers, it is not enough to meet the requirements of NR 12. It is also necessary to study and implement applicable national and international standards to thoroughly evaluate all risks associated with machinery or equipment.
Some of the standards generally required to apply to most machines are:
- ABNT NBR ISO 12100
- ABNT NBR NM 272
- ABNT NBR NM 273
- ABNT NBR 13759
- ABNT NBR NM ISO 13852
- ABNT NBR NM ISO 13853
- ABNT NBR NM ISO 13854
- ABNT NBR 14153
- ABNT NBR 14154
In addition to these standards, electric powered machinery must comply with IEC 602041. Machines with a pneumatic system must comply with ISO 4414 and those with a hydraulic system must conform to ISO 4413. Some machines , such as mechanical presses, eccentric presses and injectors, also have specific standards that should be considered.
To correctly determine which standards should be evaluated in conjunction with NR 12, it is necessary to conduct the risk analysis and review all applicable standards.
NR 12 was based on Machinery Directive 2006/42 / CE; However this does not mean that machines complying with European legislation (CE marking) will automatically comply with NR 12. There are a number of different technical aspects that should be evaluated, such as documentation requirements, application of standards and, above all, certifications that verify The machine’s safety systems.
You can also download the Sample checklist applied to Machines and Equipment for NR12 and the PDF of Ordinance nº 509, of 04/29/2016 by clicking on the links below.
We appreciate your interest in knowing more about our services and solutions of compliance with the Regulatory Norms of the Ministry of Labor and Employment of Brazil (MTE).